Clint Bowyer Auto Club Preview
CORNELIUS, N.C. — Need a new Toyota? Give Clint Bowyer a call.
Before the No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota driver travels to Auto Club Speedway for Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race, Bowyer spent a few days in his hometown of Emporia, Kan. opening the new Clint Bowyer Autoplex.
Bowyer partnered with Davis-Moore Auto Group to purchase the Toyota dealership, formerly called Emporia Motors, where he once worked as a paint-less dent repair specialist and detailer. The Clint Bowyer Autoplex, 2815 U.S. Highway 50 in Emporia, is across the street from the Clint Bowyer Community Building.
Davis-Moore Auto Group, out of Wichita, Kan., will run the day-to-day operations, while Bowyer focuses on his duties at Michael Waltrip Racing. Bowyer is fourth in driver points as the series visits the two-mile track in Fontana, Calif.
CLINT BOWYER AUTOPLEX: “This is really a dream come true for me in so many ways. I used to work at that dealership before I ever got to the Sprint Cup Series. I was the young guy running around doing anything and everything that needed to be done. Now I’m in a position to partner with the Davis-Moore Auto Group to buy the dealership and continue giving back to the community that I grew up in. This is where I’m from. It’s where my parents still live. I couldn’t be any prouder or happier to be in this position and to continue to support my hometown community.”
ADDITIONAL NOTES OF INTEREST
• Media Availability: Bowyer will visit the media center on Friday at 10:15 a.m.
• California: Bowyer will make his 13th NSCS start at Auto Club Speedway on March 24. In 12 previous starts, Bowyer has two top-five (2nd in 2010-2, 3rd in 2006-2) and seven top-10 finishes. He has started third three times (2006-2, 2008-1, 2010-1). Bowyer has an average starting position of 14th and finish of 11th. He has led 45 laps, including at least one lap in three of his last four starts at Auto Club Speedway.
• Chassis Chatter: Primary chassis No. 758 is new. It’s the first new 2013 Gen6 specific chassis to be raced by MWR. The backup chassis (No. 724) raced to top-five finishes at Bristol (fourth) in March and Dover (fifth) in June. It also finished seventh at Bristol in August, tested at Charlotte in January 2013 and served as backup in Las Vegas.
• Autograph Alley: Bowyer will sign for fans at Auto Club Speedway’s Autograph Alley on Sunday morning starting at 8:30 a.m.
• MWR Girls: At Las Vegas, Michael Waltrip Racing announced its new social media and fan engagement models - the MWR Girls. The models will be at track each week to interact with fans and partners and give an inside look at what is going on around the racetrack. Follow the MWR Girls on Twitter - @MWRGirls.
• INSIDER PROGRAM: Michael Waltrip Racing’s Insider Program offers all race fans sponsor discounts, specials on merchandise, exclusive pictures and video content plus fan giveaways throughout the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Fans can access the MWR Insider Program through the CardStar application available on most smartphones. MWR will work on behalf of the fans to expand the offerings beyond just its current sponsor line-up, aggregating industry-wide deals and discounts. Fans can text MWR to 42828 get card for FREE. Offers include 20% off Subway Fresh Fit 500 tickets, free headset with rental of a FanVision unit ($19.99 value) and 25% off Toyota Racing merchandise at ToyotaRacing.com.
NAME: Clint Bowyer
HOMETOWN: Emporia, KS
RESIDENCE: Clemmons, NC