Kansas Qualifying Report
• Brian Vickers, No. 55 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota – qualified 11th
• Martin Truex Jr., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota — will start 13th
• Clint Bowyer, No. 15 Raspberry 5-hour ENERGY Benefitting Living Beyond Breast Cancer Toyota – will start 22nd
Brian Vickers: "My qualifying lap was decent. We were too tight. We were fighting that in practice as well. I thought I could get more grip. I thought I asked more out of it than we were ready for. We ran an .11 and I thought we had a flat in it. However, the Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota will start 11th Sunday so that is a pretty good starting spot I think we've made a lot of progress since we've been here. The Aaron's guys have done a good job."
Martin Truex Jr.: “It was pretty good. I mean, we were 10th in practice and we were decent, needed a little bit of speed and the car drove real similar there, so I didn’t expect it to be a pole by any means. But definitely a good lap and some good adjustments by our guys. We picked up some speed -- which it looks like everybody is so far -- so hopefully that will put us somewhere in the top-10 and we can work hard on it tomorrow and go racing on Sunday.”
Clint Bowyer: "We've always just grown accustom to running well here and I don't know -- we're off quite a bit and we've got a lot of work to do. Qualifying is just a small part of what the final outcome is, so we've definitely got our work cut out for us."
• Kevin Harvick won his first pole since 2006 with a time of 28.796 sec./187.526 mph.
• The race starts at 2 p.m. ET Sunday
NAME: Brian Vickers
HOMETOWN: Thomasville, NC
RESIDENCE: Miami & NYC
NAME: Clint Bowyer
HOMETOWN: Emporia, KS
RESIDENCE: Clemmons, NC
NAME: Martin Truex Jr.
HOMETOWN: Mayetta, NJ
RESIDENCE: Mooresville, NC