Indianapolis Qualifying Report
• Clint Bowyer, No. 15 RK Motors Charlotte Toyota – will start 17th.
• Mark Martin, No. 55 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota – will start 26th
• Martin Truex Jr., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota — will start 38th
Clint Bowyer: “Hope we’d be a little bit better. I didn’t come to the green very good. I missed it out in (turns) one and two a little bit.”
Mark Martin: “The car drove really good there. We have just been fighting a balance issue here in qualifying trim and it cost us some speed. The guys are doing a great job. We’ve just been a step behind.”
Martin Truex Jr.: “Not sure what happened. The NAPA Toyota has run like that all weekend. It was on the splitter and wouldn't turn at all. We'll regroup and try and figure out what happened. I think we are decent in race trim and we'll have to race our way up through and hope for the best.
• Ryan Newman won the pole with a time of 47.992 sec. 187.531 mph.
• The race starts at 1 p.m. ET Sunday on ESPN.
NAME: Clint Bowyer
HOMETOWN: Emporia, KS
RESIDENCE: Clemmons, NC
NAME: Mark Martin
HOMETOWN: Batesville, AR
RESIDENCE: Daytona Beach, FL
NAME: Martin Truex Jr.
HOMETOWN: Mayetta, NJ
RESIDENCE: Mooresville, NC