Brian Vickers – No. 55 RK Motors Toyota – Qualified Sixth
BRIAN VICKERS, No. 55 RK Motors TOYOTA:
“It was good. I got a little greedy out of turn four and just got too much throttle and spun the tires. This was a really good effort by the guys and I’m really proud to have RK Motors on the car this week. I love the racing here at Martinsville. Qualifying is probably the hardest thing at Martinsville. It’s just so easy to miss it and it’s so tight — both here and Bristol. We’re fighting for thousandths of a second so it’s tough.”
• Kasey Kahne won his 24th career Coors Light Pole Award with a time of 19.496 seconds.
• Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin, Bowyer and Ryan Newman rounded out top five.
• The Goody’s Fast Relief 500 starts at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday.
• The race will be broadcast on FOX TV, MRN Radio and SiriusXM Radio Channel 90.
CORNELIUS, N.C. — Brian Vickers makes his second 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup start Sunday at Martinsville Speedway. He’ll drive Michael Waltrip Racing’s No. 55 RK Motors Toyota on the Virginia half-mile track. The 28-year-old Thomasville, N.C. native finished fifth in his first race of the season at Bristol Motor Speedway on March 18. Vickers led 125 laps – nearly equaling the 135 laps he led in the last three seasons. Vickers will drive six races in the No. 55 in 2012 including both races at: Bristol, Martinsville and New Hampshire. The No. 55 is eighth in owner points.
BRIAN VICKERS: “Getting back at Bristol and having such a great run, leading all those laps was an awesome feeling. Everything felt perfect. I was so proud to be a part of getting all three cars in the top-five. It felt like I’ve been with this team for a long time. I was really pumped about how well we ran. It’s been a long two weeks since Bristol. I’m ready to go again. We have RK Motors on the car this week. It’s their first time as a full Sprint Cup sponsor so it’s cool they chose this race to join us. (No. 55 crew chief) Rodney Childers bolted together my first go-kart 20 years ago and then he handed it off to my father to finish it off. He also put together my car two weeks ago and did a heck of a job. I expect that again this weekend at Martinsville. It should be a lot of fun.”
Notes• RK MOTORS CHARLOTTE is the country’s leading retailer of investment-grade classic and collector cars, selling hundreds of vehicles each year. RK Motors Charlotte’s 80,000 sq./ft. facility features a 200-vehicle, state-of-the-art showroom complete with digital media studio, full restoration / customization shop and a full service area. Additional information is available at www.RKMotorsCharlotte.com.
• RK MOTORS VEHICLES AT MARTINSVILLE: RK Motors Charlotte will bring three prominent vehicles from its collection to share with fans. The center piece of the display will be the 1963 Chevrolet Impala Holly Farms No. 3 raced by NASCAR legend “Junior” Johnson. During the 1963 season, Johnson won seven races and captured 9 pole positions in this Impala. The display will also include a 1969 Dodge Daytona and the RK Motors-built 2010 Toyota Camry NASCAR Edition. MWR driver question and answers at the display: Martin Truex Jr. 2:40-2:55 p.m. on Friday, Brian Vickers 10:30-10:50 a.m. on Saturday. Clint Bowyer 10-10:15 a.m. and Michael Waltrip 10:30-10:45 a.m. on Sunday.
• CHASSIS NOTES: Vickers will drive chassis 703 and chassis 694 will serve as a backup car. Neither has raced in 2012.
• VICKERS AT MARTINSVILLE: Owns top-12 finishes in three of the last six Martinsville races. Sunday marks his 257th career Sprint Cup start.
• VICKERS’ CAREER STATS: Click Here
• PINTEREST: MWR now has a home on the Pinterest social bulletin board where you can view the latest videos and photos. www.pinterest.com/michaelwaltrip
• MWR ON TWITTER:
• 2012 NO. 55 DRIVER SCHEDULE:
• AARON’S: Right now during Aaron’s 2000th Store Celebration you are pre-approved for up to $2000 in merchandise.* Aaron’s is your trusted source for quality lease to own furniture, electronics, appliances & computers at guaranteed low prices. Shop at your nearest Aaron’s store location or Aarons.com to view our lease-to-own products, including dining room tables, TVs, tablets, appliances, computers & more…*PRE-APPROVAL minimum requirements include, but are not limited to, a source of income, a place to live and 3 references.