Join a NASCAR Race Team Sweepstakes
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, Calif. (March 7, 2012) – Ever wonder how a team prepares for a race – the Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in particular? Well here’s your chance. Enter the “Join a NASCAR Race Team Sweepstakes” and if you win, you in essence become a team member of Michael Waltrip Racing for the day!
One lucky fan and a guest will win the Join a NASCAR Race Team Grand Prize including:
• Trip to Charlotte, NC (Flight & Accommodations) on Tuesday, March 20.
• On Wednesday, March 21, VIP Tour of Michael Waltrip Racing including a peek into the Fabrication Shop, Assembly, Gear, Shock and Machine Rooms.
• After a little training, get down and dirty with a hands-on experience preparing for a race just like a real MWR team member by participating in the team Pit Crew Practice
• Lunch with the MWR staff (unfortunately the owner has prior obligations but he said he’d pick up the lunch tab)
• 2 complimentary Official MWR Team Gear Bags to include team hat, team issued gear and autographed 1:24th scale die cast car
• VIP Tour of the NASCAR Hall of Fame while in Charlotte
• VIP Experience at the Auto Club 400 weekend at Auto Club Speedway (March 23-25) including suite tickets.
HOW TO ENTER: For your chance to win the Join a NASCAR Race Team Sweepstakes, visit the Auto Club Speedway Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AutoClubSpeedway and click on the “Race Team Sweepstakes” link. Visit the Sweepstakes Page for official rules. The Join the Race Team Sweepstakes is open to residents of the United States who are at least 18 years old.
About Auto Club Speedway: Auto Club Speedway, is a two-mile oval located in Fontana, California and is home to a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race each March. The track also hosts the IZOD IndyCar Series, Historic Sports Car Festival, NHRA drag racing on the track’s Auto Club Dragway, and community events including Red White & Cruise, the annual Fourth of July celebration. In addition to auto racing and community events, the Speedway is home to numerous movies, television and commercial productions, photo shoots, new car testing, club racing and a variety of racing schools. The track is active for more than 320 days every year.
Tickets to NASCAR and IndyCar Weekend at Auto Club Speedway are on-sale now. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 1-800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com. For more information on event lodging, visit the Hilton Garden Inn, Fontana, the official hotel partner of Auto Club Speedway and Auto Club Dragway.
About Michael Waltrip Racing: Michael Waltrip Racing began more than a decade ago as a family-owned Nationwide Series team in Sherrills Ford, N.C. In 2007, MWR served as a flagship team for Toyota Racing Development, USA’s entry into both NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide competition. MWR owns Sprint Cup victories in May 2009 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and July 2010 at Chicagoland Speedway as well as the 2009 and 2010 K&N Pro Series titles. In 2012, MWR will field three full-time Toyota Camrys in the Sprint Cup Series for Martin Truex Jr., Clint Bowyer, Mark Martin and Michael Waltrip.
About the NASCAR Hall of Fame: Conveniently located in uptown Charlotte, N.C., the 150,000-square-foot NASCAR Hall of Fame is an interactive, entertainment attraction honoring the history and heritage of NASCAR. The high-tech venue, designed to educate and entertain race fans and non-fans alike, opened May 11, 2010 and includes artifacts, interactive exhibits, 278-person state-of-the-art theater, Hall of Honor, Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant, NASCAR Hall of Fame Gear Shop and NASCAR Media Group-operated broadcast studio. The state-of-the-art facility will honor NASCAR icons and create an enduring tribute to the drivers, crew members, team owners and others that have impacted the sport in the past, present and future.